With ambitious goals and challenging budgets the norm, IT departments in every corner of industry are beginning to consider—or already taking advantage of—open source information management technologies. Open Source Database, Data Integration and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions have matured quickly, and now help thousands of enterprises deliver critical information to business users more quickly, at lower costs, and with greater flexibility.
This timely eBook explores why organizations are transitioning to these open source solutions, how they're going about it and what they've gained. Complete with insightful articles, technology reports, real-world case studies and practical solution briefs—along with links to other resources for more in-depth study—Open Source ROI in a Challenging Economy provides practical guidance and industry clarity, to help you determine how, when and where your enterprise should leverage the promising ROI of Open Source.
Open Source ROI in a Challenging Economy tracks the "perfect storm"—a down economy, open source advances and aging proprietary solutions—then shows how today's enterprises are responding. Register for your complimentary copy and discover:
- Six myths about Open Source—and how to respond when you hear them
- How Open Source can help you prioritize and implement key projects in a challenging economy
- How Open Source Database solutions can extend the value of ERP and other enterprise applications you already have in place
- How Open Source Data Integration blends the cost advantages of hand-coding with the productivity advantages of traditional data integration software
- How Pervasive Business Intelligence—fueled by Open Source BI solutions—can maximize ROI and business benefit across the enterprise
- How real-world businesses are putting these Open Source tools to work right now—and what you can learn from them.